-Superlite 4 piston caliper. Pad shape 7420. The 20mm pad volume and only slightly higher kit costs mean a large, eventual payback in consumable costs. The only drawback is limited wheel fitment due to the massive Superlite caliper.
-HD36 Directional vane rotors are standard in this kit. The UL32 simply do not last more than one set of pads, due to the large pad volume of the 7420 shape. Most folks are getting through at least 2 sets of 20mm pads before the rotors need replaced.
"This recently-announced "Mega Brake Kit" Superlite option is the largest big brake kit available for the 90-05 Miata today. It is designed primarily for forced induction road-race applications which require a substantial increase in stopping power and pad longevity over what a standard Dynalite/Dynapro caliper can offer.
Trackspeed's 11.75" Gen2 BBK retains the legendary performance of our original Gen1 11.75" BBK while adding additional wheel clearance. Our all-new proprietary 6061-T6 aluminum hat is Miata-specific, which allows us to place the rotor ideally within the space provided to maximize wheel clearance. Our hats continue to be the only option that allows for the use of safety wired rotor hat hardware. Our Gen2 brackets are tweaked slightly to ensure compatibility with Keisler aftermarket drop spindles as well. The world-class pedal feel and inexpensive running costs are unchanged from our Gen1 kit.
Pair our 11.75" BBK with a factory Sport 10.9" rear rotor and 1.8L (with adapter bracket) or Sport rear calipers. Add a Wilwood proportioning valve kit to give your Mazda Miata incredible braking performance in any situation.
To allow our customers to run the pads of their choice, our kit ships without brake pads. We can provide Hawk or G-LOC pads in street and track compounds, email for pad recommendations.
Confirmed wheel fitments (Superlite):
- 15x10 +25 949Racing 6UL (all generations)
- 15x11 949Racing 6UL
- 15x10 +15 Jongbloed 500 Aero
- 15x10 +25 Konig Dekagram
- 15x9 +35 Advanti S1 Storm (5mm spacer required)
- 15x9 +35 Konig Dial In (5mm spacer required)
- Wilwood Superlite forged 4-piston calipers
- Trackspeed Gen2 11.75" Wilwood brackets
- Trackspeed 11.75" rotor hats
- Two Wilwood 11.75" rotor rings (directional vanes optional)
- Trackspeed Stainless Steel Wilwood-specific brake lines
- Brake rotor hardware, pre-drilled for safety wire (pre-assembled rotors optional)
- Caliper bracket hardware
- Pre-assembled and safety wired brake rotors