The value leader in cost of consumables for HPDE, TT, and race miatas.
-Superlite 4 piston caliper. Pad shape 7420. The 20mm pad volume and only slightly higher kit costs mean a large payback in consumable costs. The only drawback is limited wheel fitment due to the massive Superlite caliper.
-HD36 Directional vane rotors are standard in this kit. Due to the large pad volume of the 7420 shape, the consumable schedule works better on the higher quality/longer lasting/better cooling HD36 rotor. Most folks get at least 2 sets of 20mm pads before the HD36 rotors need replaced. This is great ROI on consumables, as the common HD36 .810 rotors are significantly cheaper than custom 1.1" alternatives.
To allow our customers to run the pads of their choice, our kit ships without brake pads. We can provide Hawk or G-LOC pads in street and track compounds, email for pad recommendations.
Trackspeed's 11.75" Gen2 BBK retains the legendary performance of our original Gen1 11.75" BBK while adding additional wheel clearance. Our all-new proprietary 6061-T6 aluminum hat is Miata-specific, which allows us to place the rotor ideally within the space provided to maximize wheel clearance. Our hats continue to be the only option that allows for the use of safety wired rotor hat hardware. Our Gen2 brackets are tweaked slightly to ensure compatibility with Keisler aftermarket drop spindles as well. The world-class pedal feel and inexpensive running costs are unchanged from our Gen1 kit.
Note: You will need to remove a small amount of material from each caliper to prevent interference with the spindle. On the edge of each caliper lug, there is a small amount of casting flash. After bolting the caliper bracket to the spindle, set the caliper on the bracket to get an idea of where the material needs to be removed. Remove this material with a hand file and test-fit the caliper until there is no interference between the caliper and the spindle.
Confirmed wheel fitments (Superlite):
- 15x10 +25 949Racing 6UL (all generations)
- 15x11 949Racing 6UL
- 15x10 +15 Jongbloed 500 Aero
- 15x10 +25 Konig Dekagram
- 15x9.5 +29 Konig Freeform
- 15x9 +35 Advanti S1 Storm (5mm spacer required)
- 15x9 +35 Konig Dial In (5mm spacer required)
- Wilwood Superlite forged 4-piston calipers
- Trackspeed Gen2 11.75" Wilwood brackets
- Trackspeed 11.75" rotor hats
- Two Wilwood 11.75" directional rotor rings
- Technafit Stainless Steel Wilwood-specific brake lines
- Brake rotor hardware, pre-drilled for safety wire (pre-assembled rotors optional)
- Caliper bracket hardware
- Pre-assembled and safety wired brake rotors